[squid-users] Heavy LOAD on squid - system time

From: Michal Mihalik <michal.mihalik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:16:43 +0200

Hello.
I am new to this list and new to squid under heavy load...
my problem is that squid spends 70% of CPU time in system.
the number is from top. ( 27.9% user, 66.8% system) and squid is the
only thing running.
it has open around 2100 descriptors.
it is handlig around 300req/sec
most of the stuff from memory. (the descriptors to disk are around 10)

A big quietion is how much will help to move to 2.6.x kernel.
and if the answer is 10%, the next question is I NEED MORE :-) how...
please.
I noticited some info about select/poll but I couldn find info how much
it changed in kernel 2.6.
I have a litle problem with the kernel2.6 kernel and DELL PERC but that
doesn't belog here.
I don't know how to get stats about the select/poll.
I did read the FAQ... etc.etc but you know... I could miss the answer.
I did not optimize -> /proc values, didn't find anything relevant
I.
I.
I.
.