RE: [squid-users] bypass squid for some sites

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:40:00 -0800

always_direct only has an effect if you are using parent caches. Once Squid sees the traffic, there is no way for it to not be involved.

> These are the chain rules I am using to start:
> ~
> # Redirect to Squid proxy server:
> ipchains -A input -p tcp -s 0/0 -d 0/0 8080 -j DENY -i eth0 -l
> # Bypass for 192.168.1.8/29 range
> ipchains -A input -p tcp -s ! 192.168.1.8/29 -d 0/0 80 -j
> REDIRECT 8080
> ~
> I want to keep the other machines going through the proxy, except let
> 192.168.1.3 bypass the proxy only to get to sportsonline.com. I'm not
> too good with ipchains, can I make another rule to let only
> this bypass?
> Thanks,
> Bill

I'm not an ipchains expert, but I think that...

ipchains -A input -p tcp -s 192.168.1.3 -d 206.207.85.33 -j ALLOW

...should effectively ignore traffic between that client and that host. Put this rule in front of the "# Bypass for..." rule.

Chris