Re: [squid-users] NTLM Authentication with Squid on Mac OS X

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 01:14:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Christian Bell wrote:

> migrate our Squid on Linux to Mac OS X (10.4). The setup of Samba
> seems to be substantially different on OS X versus Linux. Has anybody
> put together a good HOWTO for doing this yet?

The Samba setup should be mostly the same on any platform. Why do you
think it is different on OS X?

You should use

   - A reasonably current Samba 3.X

   - A curret Squid-2.5

   - Squid setup as per the Squid FAQ on authenticatoin using winbid
(Samba-3.x variant, ignore the rest) and Samba setup per the HOWTOs on how
to join ADS or NT-Domain accordinly.