[squid-users] Refresh pattern, understanding age

From: Eric Blanchi <ebb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:17:38 +1000

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand the refresh_pattern parameters so I was
wondering if someone could confirm this.

I'm using Squid as a reverse proxy. I would like to keep pages in the
cache for a certain amount of time, irrelevant from any creation date,
last modified date or expiry date.

Say for example keep everything for 100 minutes in the cache.
I would like to obtain the following behaviour:

- client hits reverse proxy, item is not in cache.
- proxy fetches from actual source and caches the object.
- For the next 100 minutes any request will only hit the cache.
- client hits after 100 minutes (e.g. 101), proxy sees page as stale,
fetches from actual source, re-caches the object for another 100 mins.

Is the following line correct:

refresh_pattern . 0 100% 100 ignore-reload override-lastmod \
override-expire

--
Cheers, Eb.