[squid-users] citrix users behind squid

From: nairb rotsak <ipguru99@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:32:19 -0700 (PDT)

I have looked in past posts and I think my question is
answered, but since we are dumping websense and going
with Squid (based on what we think we already know), I
wanted to be sure.

We use websense now, but because 80% of our users are
citrix users, we have had to implement an isa server
that redirects requests from our firewall (pix) back
to the isa (for Integrated AD authenication). This is
because an admin user would be logged into the
terminal of the citrix server, and that is the
credential that was getting passed to the websense
server = many suprised surfers!!

I have always heard great things about Squid, and
websense is just a huge pain and VERY expensive. I am
just worried that we are going to have the same
problem. But I think I read that Squid will use the
authentication from the browser's header, and not from
who is authenticated to the box or ip.

Anybody got any good examples of using Squid to
authenticate to AD (Samba has to be somewhere on the
network.. right.. can't just be all windows) and
REALLY do per user coming from a Citrix farm?