Re: [squid-users] Re: purge using squidclient

From: Joe Acquisto <joea@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:00:11 -0400

>> Or, more verbose-ly:
>>
>> "Zaphod:/var/cache/squid # client -mv PURGE http://www.squid-cache.org/
>
>[snip]
>
>> <H2>The requested URL could not be retrieved</H2>
>> <HR>
>> <P>
>> While trying to process the request:
>> <PRE>
>> v http://www.squid-cache.org/ HTTP/1.0
>
>[snip]
>
>try 'client -v -m PURGE http://www.squid-cache.org/'. As you can see, the
>verbose thing you tried earlier results in purging the wrong object.
>
>Joost

So, one issue is lack of the space character? One must enter a space and an explict "-" for each option?

When I first tried your example, got the same message (essentially). Then browsed to squid-cache.org again, clicked there and there, then tried the example. That did give me the "worked" reply the docs suggested.

In my earlier attempts, I did not see that the wrong object was purged, it seemed to me that no object was purged. But, being so inexpert at squid . . .

joea