Re: [squid-users] ncsa_auth crashes squid

From: Tri H Trinh <trinhhoaitri@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:00:14 +0700

On 9/23/05, Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Tri H Trinh wrote:
>
> > Error message "WARNING: Cannot run '/usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth' process"
>
> This slightly misleading error is seen if you have a local firewall
> blocking traffic on the internal loopback device (lo).
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Thanks, Henrik. My iptables does allow all loopback traffics, but it
doesn't show any improvement, even when I disable the firewall
completely. squidguard gives the same error as well.

It seems that the reason is selinux on FC4. I disabled selinux on my
FC4 box by modifying the /etc/sysconfig/selinux file, and both
ncsa_auth and squidguard run well. However, disable selinux makes
iptables stops forwarding packages between the two ethernet
interfaces. Enable selinux again doesn't restore the box to its
original state. I have to rebuild the box.

--
Tri H. Trinh
The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face