Re: [squid-users] slower connections using squid (squid is slowing down all connections)

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 20:15:15 +0200

On 24.09 15:21, Alex wrote:
> NO, the situation is very simple: not matter content of page. Even if
> www.google.com is accesed, it take more then 20-30s to load/display it
> correctly. Without squid, www.google.com is loaded instantly!

ehm, this might be caused by:

1. clients connect from IP's not in DNS, and your squid checks for their
   reverse (and probably direct) DNS informations
2. you are requiring ident for them, they are firewalled and don't support
   ident requests

for 99% it's the first case. turn off dns checking in squid, or better, fix
your internal DNS.