Re: [squid-users] Confused user about squid accelerator

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 23:53:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Jesus Salvo Jr. wrote:

> Now the problem that I have is that, if I type in my browser just the public IP address or
> the private IP address, then squid returns an HTTP 403. The reason is that,
> the browser is sending the HTTP Host header like this if I type in the private IP:
>
> Host: 10.0.21.7
>
> .. or if I type in the public IP:
>
> Host: x.x.x.x

To solve this you need to use a redirector telling Squid that when it
receives a request for http://10.0.21.7/ it should handle it as a request
for http://apps.company.com/ (or whatever you want the default domain to
be).

Alternatively you can set "httpd_accel_single_host on", and leave this to
your web server to decide what to do.

> Is there anyway to make squid "ignore" the Host header if the host header
> is an IP address and simply ... and simply make a connection to localhost ???

Yes, by using "httpd_accel_single_host on".