Re: [squid-users] Problem with digest-authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 02:41:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> Digest authetication works absolutely fine UNLESS I want to access
> https://www.netbank-money.de/netbank-barrierefrei-banking/view/index.jsp?blz=20090500
> via this proxy using konqueror
> I get a box telling me that username or password are incorrect.
> I enter the CORRECT username & password, and I get an authentication
> failed.
>
>> From the log:
>
> 1125490542.546 0 160.45.172.180 TCP_DENIED/407 1868 CONNECT www.netbank-money.de:443 - NONE/- text/html
> 1125490542.554 0 160.45.172.180 TCP_DENIED/407 1868 CONNECT www.netbank-money.de:443 - NONE/- text/html

Does it work on other https sites?

Does it work if using other digest capable browsers? Mozilla/Firefox?

If you want me to take a detailed look to determine if this is a Squid
problem or a konqueror problem please set up a test account using a
non-sensitive password and then collect the following information:

0. Configure full access logging by "log_mime_hdrs on" in squid.conf.

1. Request a single working object (a image or similar)

2. Request the failing object.

Then provide access.log details from the above requests, account name and
password.