Re: [squid-users] Windbindd anyone else having a problem?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 02:50:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Allen Armstrong wrote:

> enumerating the group information from the Windows 2000. I know this isn't
> a samba list but I thought some of you might be having the same problems as
> me. Squid has been working until recently and I am not certain as to why it
> stopped working other than I have applied some windows 2000 patches on the
> server. As anyone else seen this:

winbind quite oftenly gets broken by Microsoft patches. So quite likely an
upgrade of Samba is required.

As you are using RedHat ES you should file a bug report with RedHat
detailing that winbind has stopped working after applying these Windows
2000 patches. In your bug report include wbinfo output showing the
problem.

If you do not want to wait for RedHat to provide updated Samba packages
you could try upgrading to a more recent Samba version. The current Samba
version is 3.0.20 (previous version was 3.0.15).