[squid-users] RPM Question

From: John R. Van Lanen, Network Operations - TCCSA <VANLANEN@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:16:26 -0400 (EDT)

I had to re-install my RHL ES3 servers again, actually twice. The software I
wish to use looks for squid installed as an RPM to the server. Since I already
know that the squid rpm install from RHL is buggy, I want install this and then
immediately upgrade to 2.5Stable11, Is it possible to upgrade to Stable11
without first removing the 2.5stable3.6, Will this break the RPM relationship
with the OS. I know I can fake this out, by removing and installing 11, but
then the relationship is gone.

Thanks in advance.
| John R. Van Lanen, Manager of Network Operations Voice: (330) 264-6047 |
| Tri-County Computer Services Association (TCCSA) Fax: (330) 264-5703 |
| "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, E-mail:vanlanen@TCCSA.NET|
| because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup" |