Re: [squid-users] Squid "stalling" downloads

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:31:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 cgfreita@unipam.edu.br wrote:

> If I try do download big files ( 18MB, 4MB, 38MB ), it starts
> downloading, but suddenly the browser stalls and stops
> downloading.

netstat on the proxy can provide some valuable insight in such situations.

> I thought it was because delay-pools, but I disabled all
> delay_pools lines in squid.conf and the problem remains.

Ok.

> I tried "bypassing" que proxy and so download was fine, keeping
> all other elements equals( router, firewall, network, etc).

Which still does not rule out those equipments.. there is very many broken
firewalls around where problems is only seen when using a more modern
TCP/IP implementation.

> I am trying to get cachemgr.cgi to work, but still having
> problemas (forbidden access).

squidclient can be used as an alternative

   squidclient mgr:

gives you the menu.

Access to the cachemgr functions is controlled by http_access like any
other access to the proxy.

> What kind of information could I give here to clarify things?

The information from the ongoing request in cachemgr, and netstat showing
both the client and server connections.