Re: [squid-users] Build a new squid server

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:39:07 +0200

On 28.09 10:12, A.O wrote:
> I want to build a new squid server for about 1000 clients. I have one server
> with two processors 4 GB memory, 3 disks of 72GB for squid cache.
>
> How can I optimize squid?

Use bigger cache_mem (128 or 256MB), maximum_object_size_in_memory (I have
128 KB), maximum_object_size (I have 32 MB), asynchronuous disk writes
(diskd on freebsd 4, aufs otherwise), set up cache_dir of size 60000 for
each 72GB disk, and use heap LFUDA or LRU cache_replacement_policy.

the rest requires long-term watching performance and trying to adjust
options.

It's now safe to throw off your computer.