Re: [squid-users] how to recompile squid, (my squid was installed with rpm format)

From: Dodjie Nava <dnava6@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 23:30:15 -0700 (PDT)

--- Winanjaya - PBXSoftwares
<winanjaya@pbxsoftwares.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [root@proxy-HO /]# rpm -qa squid
> squid-2.5.STABLE3-0
>
> my squid is running on Fedora Core 1 the version of
> my squid is
> squid-2.5.STABLE3-0 rpm. so far it's work well, but
> it cannot deny users
> based on the mac address of NIC, got from the
> internet resource that I have
> to recompile my squid, but my squid was installed by
> using RPM, with RPM
> format how to recompile it ? ..
>
> can someone please help me to solve this?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance

winanjaya,

if you wish to compile squid, you have to download the
latest source tarball from the squid website & compile
that one. pls see the faq on how to do that. however,
you have to uninstall (rpm -e) your present squid from
rpm so that you can replace it with the compiled one
from tarball.

another option will be to download src.rpm & compile
from there. i think it has a guide on how to compile
src.rpm to rpm style installation.

hope this helps.

http://mail.yahoo.com