Re: [squid-users] transparent proxy with squid

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:41:58 -0400

I would assume you'd need to do something similiar to:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 3128

Tim Rainier
Information Services, Kalsec, INC
trainier@kalsec.com

Sushil Deore <sushil@cc.iitb.ac.in>
10/04/2005 01:06 PM

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
cc
<squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Subject
[squid-users] transparent proxy with squid

Dear Henrik,

I configured a transparent proxy with squid by referring
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/TransparentProxy.html#ss2.3

Though Daniel has strictly mentioed not to ask him about HTTPS with
transparent proxy but still I do have certain doubts in my mind which I'll
try to explain here.

I am setting up a wireless network for which I'll be using transparent
proxy with squid. Though my transparent proxy is working fine and
serving all port 80 traffic. I also need to serve https request and at
this stage I am stucked up.

With a seperate squid box as a proxy server I am serving the HTTPS
request.

Kindly let me know or suggest me how do I serve the HTTPS request using
the transparent proxy or do I need to setup any additional setup to serve
HTTPS traffic?

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

-- Sushil.