Re: [squid-users] transparent proxy with squid

From: Sushil Deore <sushil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:23:45 +0530 (IST)

hello,

Thanks for your reply.

This rule exist in my setup and from logs I can see the 443 traffic
directed to the local squid port and then I am routing it to the main
squid box. The strange thing is that I am not seeing any return path of
the 443 request I am sending.

My setup is

[Transparent squid box] --> [squid box] --> [squid-cache box] -- ->
{external world}

If I send the 443 request using my "squid box" then that works perfectly
fine and I get all my 443 requests. Considering this in mind, theoretically
443 traffic from the "transparent squid box" should work with the
PREROUTING rule which you have mentioned, but its not working in my case.

It would be a great help for me if you can suggest me the way out to it.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

-- Sushil.