Re: [squid-users] Squid seems to be limiting how fast I can download files

From: deathbots <deathbots@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 15:10:47 -0500

Yes, the download goes through the same gateway. The BSD machine does a
transparent bridge with two NICs and a third has the squid IP. One of the
bridge interfaces also has an IP on it. So yes, the machine is dual homed
in a crazy way.

The source IP address is NATted. The Squid machine has an internal IP.

downloads with wget on the squid machine with --proxy=off produce the same
results. Slow downloads. I should stop blaming squid at this point I think
:)

I think my best bet is to just set squid up on another machine that isn't a
super crazy BSD box.

Funny thing is, ALL internet traffic at the company goes through the BSD
machine's bridge interfaces eventually. And that doesn't slow the stuff
down.

And yes, I'm planning a 3.8 upgrade!