Re: [squid-users] squid https login error

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:25:46 +0200

Ibrahim Calisir schrieb:

> Hi
>
> I am not very good in squid. I configured squid-2.5.STABLE11 with LDAP
> and SSL enabled. Connecitons to https port had "page cannot be
> displayed" error message in IE6, however connections to http port had no
> problem and asks username and password. I did not understad why https
> port connections give such error.
>
> not: configuration string:
> ./configure --enable-ssl --with-openssl
> --enable-digest-auth-helpers=password --enable-basic-auth-helpers=LDAP

The error message from IE 6 does not really help. You will have to find
out why you get the error.
How are your acl ant http_access configuration lines ? Can you browse
https sites from the proxy machine itself without using a proxy, i.e.
are you sure your firewall permits https connections out ?

Yours,
Jakob Curdes