[squid-users] Squid reverse proxy - URL change in the response

From: <DGeorgie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:21:14 -0400

hi,

A question related to the URL a client receives as a response to its
request.

If a client sends the following request http://www.somename.com/...

Squid in reverse proxy mode with the following configuration
        httpd_accel_host myhost.domain.com
        httpd_accel_port 8080
        httpd_accel_single_host on
        httpd_accel_uses_host_header off

returns the following URL in the response

http://myhost.domain.com:8080/ ...

which is wrong. Is there any way I can tell Squid to return back to the
user the original URL?

Right now I am resorting to the following solution which I consider
temporary

in /etc/hosts file add the following line

IP_of_myhost.domain.com www.somename.com

and Squid configuration changes to

httpd_accel_host www.somename.com
httpd_accel_port 80