[squid-users] Sparse Objects in Memory

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:25:29 -0400

I'm getting the following in my messages log, quite frequently:

Oct 10 07:46:31 kalproxy (squid): Squid has attempted to read data from
memory that is not present. This is an indication of of (pre-3.0) code
that hasn't been updated to deal with sparse objects in memory. Squid
should coredump.allowing to review the cause. Immediately preceeding this
message is a dump of the available data in the format [start,end). The [
means from the value, the ) means up to the value. I.e. [1,5) means that
there are 4 bytes of data, at offsets 1,2,3,4.

Is there a patch written for this? Do I need to force squid to core in
order to do the backtrace? Is the backtrace still needed?

Tim Rainier
Information Services, Kalsec, INC
trainier@kalsec.com