Re: [squid-users] Which the best OS for Squid?

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:51:12 -0400

This is more of a filesystem question, then it is an operating
system/distro question.
Based on my research, the benchmarks on the web claim ReiserFS to provide
up to 15-20% faster results.

I've not had any time to do any benchmarking. My cache is currently
running on an ext3 partition running
under SLES8 SP3

I've been very happy with the performance.

Tim Rainier
Information Services, Kalsec, INC
trainier@kalsec.com

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote on 10/10/2005 08:38:53 PM:

> On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Sushil Deore wrote:
>
> > I've tried squid on all the FC's i.e. FC-1,FC-2 & the latest is on
FC-3