[squid-users] Squid Behaving funny...

From: John Walubengo <jwalu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:15:35 -0700 (PDT)

My RH9 box has two interfaces to the internet (one for
students the other for staff). In the last two days, my
squid has been failing by simply closing off one of the
(staff) interfaces!

When I go to the box I can see from the tail -f
/var/log/squid/access.log that the traffic for students is
going through while that for staff is not! Even rebooting
the box does not restore services on both interfaces...

And then after some hours both interfaces then suddenly
work...only for the staff to fail again after some hours!
Other services (mail, web, ftp) on the same box continue
working except that I when I try to ssh into the box I find
that 'connection is refused'. I have removed the firewall
(service iptables stop) but these symptoms keep recurring
irrespective of the firewall status. What could be the
problem?

I have a Dell PIV, 256MB RAM box with 40G HD and a 128
internet link. I also use SquidGaurd for the filtering.

walu.
nb: anyone with a typical College-level httpd.conf file? I
would be glad just to compare the settings.

http://mail.yahoo.com