Re: [squid-users] Which the best OS for Squid?

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:54:06 -0400

Oh. You're running 4 seperate caches?
Yeah, I couldn't see why anyone would want to RAID squid cache. :-)

Tim Rainier
Information Services, Kalsec, INC
trainier@kalsec.com

"Rodrigo A B Freire" <zazgyn@terra.com.br>
10/12/2005 01:24 PM

<trainier@kalsec.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [squid-users] Which the best OS for Squid?

    Hello, Tim!

    The disks ae completely stand-alone. No volume manager, no RAID:

#/dev/sdb /usr/local/squid/var/cacheb reiser4 rw,noatime 0 0
#/dev/sdc /usr/local/squid/var/cachec reiser4 rw,noatime 0 0
#/dev/sdd /usr/local/squid/var/cached reiser4 rw,noatime 0 0
#/dev/sde /usr/local/squid/var/cachee reiser4 rw,noatime 0 0

    I've read somewere that Squid is a worst-case scenario for RAIDs, due
the atomicity of the files and they're sparsed.

    Best regards,

    Rodrigo.