Re: [squid-users] Which the best OS for Squid?

From: Rodrigo A B Freire <zazgyn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:21:44 -0300

    Tim,

    Not really! I can add as much cache_dir as I want on squid.conf:

cache_dir diskd /usr/local/squid/var/cacheb 38000 16 256 Q1=70 Q2=80
cache_dir diskd /usr/local/squid/var/cachec 38000 16 256 Q1=70 Q2=80
cache_dir diskd /usr/local/squid/var/cached 38000 16 256 Q1=70 Q2=80
cache_dir diskd /usr/local/squid/var/cachee 38000 16 256 Q1=70 Q2=80

    Got it? ;-)

> Yeah, I couldn't see why anyone would want to RAID squid cache. :-)
>
> Tim Rainier
> Information Services, Kalsec, INC
> trainier@kalsec.com
>

> "Rodrigo A B Freire" <zazgyn@terra.com.br>
> 10/12/2005 01:24 PM

> <trainier@kalsec.com>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: [squid-users] Which the best OS for Squid?
>

> Hello, Tim!
>
> The disks ae completely stand-alone. No volume manager, no RAID:
>
> #/dev/sdb /usr/local/squid/var/cacheb reiser4 rw,noatime 0 0
> #/dev/sdc /usr/local/squid/var/cachec reiser4 rw,noatime 0 0
> #/dev/sdd /usr/local/squid/var/cached reiser4 rw,noatime 0 0
> #/dev/sde /usr/local/squid/var/cachee reiser4 rw,noatime 0 0
>
> I've read somewere that Squid is a worst-case scenario for RAIDs, due
> the atomicity of the files and they're sparsed.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rodrigo.

>>> trainier@kalsec.com
>>> cc