Re: [squid-users] parent question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:37:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Hendrik Voigtländer wrote:

> Ah. So if I use exactly the same build with same time out value on all squid
> this would explain this behaviour? Should I perhaps reduce timeout values on
> the parents?

You could try.

> 2 child caches serving users, client distribution bases on network segments
> via proxy.pac including failover if one child goes down.
> The childs do not know each other.

Ok. In such case a sibling relation between the childs would help hit
ratio.

An alternative is to change proxy.pac to distribute based on the
destination host rather than the network segment. Drawback is if you use
authentication... (users may be asked twice for their login, once per
child cache..)