Re: [squid-users] New Squid Installation

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:16:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, [iso-8859-1] Finnur Örn Guðmundsson - TM Software Skyggnir wrote:

> I was wondering ...Should i have hyperthreading enabled or not? I've
> been reading along somewhere that some people say that hyperthreading
> does not work very good with squid ...any hints about this ;)?

Squid only uses one CPU, or 1/2 CPU if you enable hyperthreading...

The only effect you should see from enabling hyperthreading is that the
cache size of your CPU is cut in half, lowering performance slightly. But
if you have many other CPU intensive tasks running then hyperthreading may
be worth it.