[squid-users] New Squid Installation

From: Finnur Örn Guðmundsson - TM Software Skyggnir <fog@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:18:49 -0000

Hi,

I just got a new HP DL380 server in my hands. I need to replace a older HP DL360 server that runs squid for about 2500-3000 clients.

This box will have raid1 for system and then 4 extra disks for cacheing (standalone, not raid).

It also has 2 processors (3.4Ghz Xeon / Hyperthreading) and 4Gb of memory.

I was wondering ...Should i have hyperthreading enabled or not? I've been reading along somewhere that some people say that hyperthreading does not work very good with squid ...any hints about this ;)?

Kær kveðja / Best regards,
Finnur Ö. Guðmundsson
RHCE, Linux+, MCP
System Engineer - System Operations
fog@t.is

TM Software - Skyggnir
Holtasmári 1, IS- 201 Kópavogur, Iceland
tel: + 354 545 3000-fax + 354 545 3001
www.t.is

This e-mail message and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please uphold strict confidentiality and neither read, copy, nor otherwise make use of the content in any way and notify sender immediately, by replying to this message or by sending an e-mail, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Any non work related opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are not given or endorsed by TM Software TölvuMyndir through which this message is sent.