RE: [squid-users] WCCP: Web Cache ID 0.0.0.0

From: Shoebottom, Bryan <BShoebottom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:25:04 -0400

Thanks for the info James. Henrik, I have upgraded the IOS to 12.2.18
and I am forwarding packets. A packet capture shows WCCP and the
redirected packets, but no GRE. I have setup GRE as stated in the FAQ:
Modprobe ip_gre
iptunnel add gre1 mode gre remote <Router-IP> local <Host-IP> dev
<interface>
ifconfig gre1 127.0.0.2 up

is there something that needs to be setup on the Cisco side? Or am I
missing something on the linux/freebsd side?

Thanks,
Bryan