RE: [squid-users] WCCP: Web Cache ID 0.0.0.0

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:41:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Shoebottom, Bryan wrote:

> Yes I do, plus the WCCP packets. In comparing these redirected packets
> to a working WCCPv2 third party cache I can see in the GRE header the
> third party cache has a redirect header, where my non-working squid does
> not have this header.

Then your IOS is running some hybrid between WCCPv1 and WCCPv2... WCCPv1
only has GRE encapsulation mode, while WCCPv2 can negotiate to use direct
routing instead..

If the packets are otherwise fine you should only need the normal
transparent proxy firewalling rules to have these packets delivered to
Squid.