FW: [squid-users] Problem with https-sites

From: Ric Lonsdale <ric.lonsdale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 23:30:43 +0100

 we have the following error since several squid versions.
> Is there a soloution for this?
>
> We are using LDAP-Authentication.
> The error only appears if the first site you access through the proxy in
> a new browser window is a HTTPS-site.
> Users enter their username/password and get the error.
> After pressing F5 the page is displayed without problems.
>
> If the first page after authentication is HTTP and then the next page is
> HTTPs, it works without problems.
>

> URL was: https:+++.+++++.+++/exchange
>
> =======================================
> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>
> While trying to retrieve the URL: /exchange
> The following error was encountered:
> Invalid URL
> Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:
> Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)
> Missing hostname
> Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
> Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed
>
> Generated Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:39:55 GMT by nugw006.nbg.temic.de
> (squid/2.5.STABLE10)

When I have this problem I just add the domain to my dstdomain list ACL,
above the LDAP authentication ACL. This is only useful for you if you don't
mind people going to the site without authenticating, which works for me as
it is normally only HTTPS business sites they are trying to access, which
then require a specific name and password to access the site anyway.

Regards,
Ric