[squid-users] NTLM Auth/LVS-DR/Squid

From: Timothy Bushart <tbushart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:10:28 -0400

Looking to run two loadbalanced LVS-DR servers forwarding port 3128 requests
to two squid real servers:

Path of internet browsing:

Client browser proxy settings = [Virtual IP address of LVS load
balancers/Port 3128] --------> 2 LVS-DR clustered servers load balance and
forward 3128-------->2 Squid Servers----->parents[mcafee webshield
webscanners]------>Firewall------>Internet

Goal:

Can take down either load balancer or either squid server for maintenance on
my own, or they take themselves down due to failure, and have no downtime.

    In an Active Directory environment, will this support
NTLM-Authentication using winbindd and samba so the user id and domain is
transparently logged in the access.log along with their address?

PS Is there any detailed documentation on this setup, or am I on a path to
nowhere. I found the docs for ntlm auth on squid-cache.org, but will this
work with LVS in front of squid?

Thanks