Re: [squid-users] Can squid redirect URL in reverse proxy?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 03:39:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Bernard Barton wrote:

> I have Squid configured as a reverse proxy, which in part looks
> something like this:
>
> httpd_accel_host www.somedomain.com
> httpd_accel_port 80
>
> httpd_accel_host www.someotherdomain.com
> httpd_accel_port 80
>

> In my /etc/hosts file I have the Squid proxy server's IP address
> listed like:
>
> 192.168.1.2 www.somedomain.com somedomain.com
> 192.168.1.2 www.someotherdomain.com someotherdomain.com

For the above you need something like

httpd_accel_host your.main.domain
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

and make sure your http_access rules restricts which domains may be
accessed via the reverse proxy..

> So when I type either of the URL's above into my browser, Squid proxies
> the request to the appropriate host. Is it possible to include a URL path
> when proxying requests, or do I need a redirector?

If you want to change the URL-path while the request is forwarded by the
reverse proxy then you need to use a redirector.