[squid-users] Can squid redirect URL in reverse proxy?

From: Bernard Barton <bfb21@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:05:12 -0400

I have Squid configured as a reverse proxy, which in part looks
something like this:

httpd_accel_host www.somedomain.com
httpd_accel_port 80

httpd_accel_host www.someotherdomain.com
httpd_accel_port 80

 In my /etc/hosts file I have the Squid proxy server's IP address
listed like:

192.168.1.2 www.somedomain.com somedomain.com
192.168.1.2 www.someotherdomain.com someotherdomain.com

So when I type either of the URL's above into my browser, Squid proxies
the request to the appropriate host. Is it possible to include a URL path
when proxying requests, or do I need a redirector? I'm trying to do
something like this:

httpd_accel_host http://www.somedomain.com/some/url/path
httpd_accel_port 80

-Thanks