Re: [squid-users] Selective Access

From: Emilio Casbas <ecasbas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:09:24 +0100

Rajesh K. Bahl wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I need your guidance in doing the following:-
>
>We have a total of 30 numbers of PCs. About 8 of them require full
>access to internet. Rest 22 needs to be restricted to only one site i.e.
>antivirus site (Mcafee or Symantec) just for updation of virus signature
>file. Also all the 30 clients need to be protected from visiting
>porn/adult sites.
>
>How to accomplish the same using squid running on a Linux (CentOS 4)
>machine ?

You could have two proxys in chain;
squidA --> squidB
see http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.9

in squidA you could make acls for restricted access for all PCs.
an acl for full access to 8 PCs, and other acl for restricted
access to 22 PCs.
see http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html

in squidB youŽll have a squid filter with free or comercial software;
see http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html#ss10.12

in this manner, you have two dedicated squid for each purpose,
however, there are many configurations for accomplish it.

Thanks
Emilio C.