RE: [squid-users] Problems getting squid to send direct to a website

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:56:32 -0900

That doesn't do what you are trying to do (obviously). It only has bearing when using cache peers. There is no directive in Squid to tell client's not to use it. Once Squid has been passed the request, it has to run with it. What you need to do is use a proxy.pac (or something equivalent) to specify to the clients which requests should be sent to the proxy, and which should go direct.

> It doesn't seem to be working. I have a couple questions. Does this
> need to go in a particular part of the config? Currently I
> just put it
> at the very end of the file. Is there anything else that I
> am missing?
> Also is there a quick linux command that will reload the config?

squid -k reconfigure

> Thanks,
>
> Chris Schott
> Network Engineer