[squid-users] delay pools configuration question

From: kfliong <kfliong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:51:56 +0800

Hi,

I am trying to configure delay pools but come across a few question
which are not explained in some of the delay pools howto articles.

So basically I have 4 level of delay pools with 1 fastest speed and 4
lowest speed.

My questions on delay pools :

1) can I jumble up delay_access numbers like below?

delay_access 2 allow blahblah
delay_access 4 allow blahblah
delay_access 1 allow blahblah
delay_access 3 allow blahblah

How are the lines in delay_access interpreted?

2) Let's say delay_access 1 and delay_access 2 have intersection
rules. Who wins?

eg. delay_access 1 have users from ip 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.100 AND
delay_access have 2 users with srcdomain name of john and james which
also falls into within IP range of delay_access 1. So, which
delay_access with john and james get? What if I specify delay_access
2 lines above delay_access 1 lines? Will delay_access 2 get matched
first and then ignore delay_access 1?

3) Let's say I have mary and kate in delay_access 1 for fast speed
but I want certain sites to be slow for them how do i do that?
delay_access 2 handle the slow sites. So do I do it?

(a)
delay_access 1 allow marykate
delay_access 2 allow slowsites

(b)
delay_access 1 allow marykate
delay_access 1 deny slowsites
delay_access 2 allow slowsites

Which one is correct, (a) or (b)?

Also, is (a1) same as (b1)?

(a1)
delay_access 1 allow marykate !slowsites

(b1)
delay_access 1 allow marykate
delay_access 1 deny slowsites

Hope you can understand my question.