[squid-users] Java Plugin With Client Cert Auth and Keepalive

From: Seth Milder <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:16:20 -0500

Hi,

I have a Java Applet that connects to a site requiring client side
certificates. The site is running Apache 2.0.54 with a keepalive timeout
of 15 minutes. As a result the applet prompts the user for a client side
certificate on its inital connection and does not prompt again unless
the user has been idle for more than 15 minutes. My problem is that when
we try this through our Squid proxy, the Applet prompts the user on
virtually every request, making for a very annoying user experience.

We have played with both Squid 2.4 and 3.0 and tweaked serveral
promising-sounding parameters with no success. Is there something I am
missing? I can mail any logs or config files as needed. One clue is that
it does seem to work for requests spaced at about 2 seconds or so apart,
but not more.

Thanks for any insights as to what might be happening here.

Best,

Seth