RE: [squid-users] cache-control header causes site to fail

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 02:06:48 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Graeme Bisset wrote:

> Ah I've found another thread with the same problem...
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200509/0204.html
>
> Is the refresh pattern still the only way to fix this issue?

It's a very broken web server.

Your options are to

  a) Contact the site owner and have them fix their web server. If you
manage to get in hold with anyone reasonably clueful maintaining one of
these sites then they are welcome to contact me for further discussion
regarding this web server issue if they need additional explanations.

  b) Use refresh_pattern to work around the brokenness of the site.

It is NOT a Squid problem at all. It's just that the default settings of
Squid happens to trigger this bug in these web servers while most direct
browser connections do not.. But there is browsers having settings
triggering this web server bug as well.