[squid-users] ./ntlm-auth works, but not with helper protocol

From: nairb rotsak <ipguru99@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:57:05 -0800 (PST)

So I started over after making my customer happy with
squid and DG, but they want to log names (Terminal
Server environment). I have setup all of the samba
stuff and it all works. I have set up the
authentication part of squid and it doesn't. If I
use:
 ./ntlm-auth --username=test1, it asks for a password
and it works. When I use:
 ./ntlm-auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
--username=test1, it just spits out ERR

I have done this several times and I am not getting
something?? I have all of the wbinfo -g, -u and -t
checked and working. From the box I can log into
shares with smbclient. From the w2k3 server I can log
in as administrator and then go to network
neighborhood, see the samba server and click on it and
get to the 'dropzone' share.. all without being
prompted for a password. So I know samba and the w2k3
server are seeing eachother and communicating..??

Any ideas where I can start to see an error or
anything?

thanks,
bk

http://mail.yahoo.com