Re: [squid-users] Redirecting squid traffic to a different gateway

From: Rance Hall <rance@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:32:35 -0600

Gabriele Caniglia wrote:

> Gabriele Caniglia:
>
>> Hello list!
>>
>> Squid (+DansGuardian) is running on my debian sid box; the IBM server
>> on which squid runs has two NICs, and acts as a router and as a web
>> proxy for my LAN.
>>
>> Is there a way to forward any http/s and ftp squid connection to a
>> different gateway, leaving the default gateway for other networking
>> purposes?
>>
>> Hope someone will enlighten me on the matter, thanks in advance...
>

> Sorry for the subject of my last post, there's no third NIC around!
> :-)

There is a way to setup both the listen address:port and the forward
address:port

in my setup I have private network > dansguardian > squid > internet

DG and squid are both running on the same machine, but you can direct DG
to connect to another IP:port other than localhost if you want.

Also, if you are using a transparent proxy via a firewall rule, then you
should be able to redirect all network traffic based on its connection
port to any machine you like.