Re: [squid-users] Redirecting squid traffic to a different gateway

From: Gabriele Caniglia <g.caniglia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:29:39 +0100

Rance Hall:

> There is a way to setup both the listen address:port and the forward
> address:port

I know there's a http_port parameter available in squid.conf, but how do
I forward address:port in squid?!?

> in my setup I have private network > dansguardian > squid > internet
>
> DG and squid are both running on the same machine, but you can direct
> DG to connect to another IP:port other than localhost if you want.
>
> Also, if you are using a transparent proxy via a firewall rule, then
> you should be able to redirect all network traffic based on its
> connection port to any machine you like.

I don't use transparent proxying, and both routers share the 10.0.5.0/24
network. The first router will have to serve a web agenda (eGroupware),
web e-mail (Horde/IMP) etc. (all on the same server) to the LAN clients
and to the same people who will connect from the outside (Internet). The
second router will have to deal with web surfs and some ftp tasks from
the LAN to the outside.

So, suppose the routers are on 10.0.5.253 and 10.0.5.254, and the server
is now listening on 10.0.5.100:3128; I may tell squid to listen on a
different address such as 10.0.5.101:3128, but how to lead those http/s
and ftp traffic requests to the second router? Shall I need to
multi-home one NIC or add a third NIC to the server?

Thanks for the kind support...

--
Gabriele