[squid-users] access some sites without authentication

From: Hement Gopal <hementg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 13:15:21 +0200

Hi all

Running 2.5Stable5 on Redhat 9

I want to allow some of my clients to access certain sites without
authentication

i added the following lines in squid.conf :-

acl no-auth url_regex -i "/usr/local/squid/etc/no-auth.txt"

where no-auth.txt contains :

[root@etc]# vi no-auth.txt
www.plaxo.com
utils.winantivirus.com
toolbar.msn.com

and the access rule is :-

#http_access allow our_networks
http_access allow non-restricted-users
http_access allow no-auth
http_access allow artworks-allowed-files artworks
http_access deny files workdays
http_access deny banned-clients
http_access allow biol-users biol
http_access deny biol-users
http_access allow password
http_access allow unrestricted-connections
http_access deny connections
http_access allow our_networks
# And finally deny all other access to this proxy
http_access deny all

However, when i try and access one of the 'open' sites, I still get
asked for authentication?

I had this working at some point but it seems to have stopped and I
can't make out where the problem lies :(

Can anyone assist?

Rgds,
Hement Gopal