RE: [squid-users] access some sites without authentication

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:30:26 -0900

Then there must be an other http_access rule that requires authentication.

Given...

acl no-auth url_regex -i "/usr/local/squid/etc/no-auth.txt"

...where no-auth.txt contains...

www.plaxo.com
utils.winantivirus.com
toolbar.msn.com

...and...

http_access allow no-auth
http_access allow non-restricted-users # First line requiring authentication
http_access allow artworks-allowed-files artworks
etc.

...any requests for pages matching no-auth will be allowed through without requiring authentication. If the user tries to go to another page (or if the browsers start page is set to something else) authentication will be requested.

As a side note, using a dstdomain acl instead of a url_regex is a good habit to be in, as it scales much better.

Chris