Re: [squid-users] Squid denies access to Yahoo Mail when word "ass" is on the bad_strings.acl file.

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 13:04:56 +0100

On Friday 02 December 2005 13:10, Palula Brasil wrote:
> I created a file called "bad_strings.acl" wich are words that are
> associated to porn content and for words that can be associated to
> potential hazardous sites on the web, like hack, warez etc.
>
> Everything seemed to be working fine until except for the Yahoo! Mail.
> Some people on the network use Yahoo! Mail
> (http://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=br) and the login site opens
> Ok but the problem is:
>
> When I have the word ass, Squid blocks the login process with this
> response:

Sorry. Without knowing your config it's hard to help you.

If you should have a url_regex ACL where "ass" is one of the regular
expressions then I would like to say it's a bad idea. It's much too short
to help you. Plus many "bad domains" don't have any of those words in the
URL. Depending on how serious your need of blocking "bad content" you can
try SquidGuard or a commercial URL filter. And if you have a policy that
really really forces you to forbid evil content then use whitelists and
block everything else.

Kind regards
 Christoph

--