Re: [squid-users] Secure acceleration

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:32:51 +0100

On 05.12 15:08, Ben Sagal wrote:
> I have a squid server, I is currently setup to accelerates both normal
> and ssl pages. I have a redirector running and deepening on which page is
> requested it rewrites the address for the relevant server.
>
> I would like the redirector to also be able to differentiate between
> http and https pages, ie. the redirector could send
> http://mydomain.com/index.html and https://mydomain.com/index.html to
> different pages/servers. Is there any way to adjust squid sop that
> the URL that is sent to the redirector (and stored in the logs)
> reflects if the client connected to the standard port of the ssl port.

don't you trust the network between squid and servers? Note that security of
connections is already lower because squid can see the content. Also server
won't see real clients' sertificates...

However, for this kind of setup you need squid-3.0, or the squid SSL patch -
squid 2.5 can't behave as https client.

Remember half the people you know are below average.