[squid-users] No IP in URL

From: Pedro Bastos <petrivs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 12:24:13 -0300

Hello,

I've got a situation here with squid.

I am in charge to take care of Internet access on an University lab.
Some addresses must be forbidden (most pornographic) then I use to
manually look for suspicious addresses names and put them on my deny
sites regexp. The issue is that the brilliant students find the IP
address for most of websites and start to using them by IP. This is
very common with anonymous proxies and access to instant messages
sites as well.

My question is how to force squid to access name only requests? For
instance, access to http://www.meebo.com is forbidden, but
http://66.225.214.2 is not because I put meebo in my deny sites
regexp.

Putting IP addresses in deny list is sort of "not smart" :)

I googled but couldn't find any solution for this problem.

Could you help me out?

Pedro