Re: [squid-users] Proxy Monitoring Question

From: Palula Brasil <palula@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 22:22:44 -0200

Well you can always use the tail to see the last line generated by squid.
When you use tail -f it will stay in continuous mode every last pagehit will
appear at the moment the page is accessed. Uniting this resource with the
grep command (there are many resources on the net about grep) you could use
something like this.

tail -f access.log | grep [ip_adress you want to monitor] - This will show
only the pagehits accessed by the [ip_adress you want to monitor]...

For more extensive monitoring (for like a day, or some hours of the day) you
can try this:

tail -f access.log |grep [ip_adress you want to monitor] > ipmonitor.txt

This line would dump all the pagehits accessed by the [ip_adress you want to
monitor] to a text file called ipmonitor.txt wich you can audit later.

Hope this can help you out.