Re: [squid-users] prefer parent peer

From: H <h@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:09:11 -0200

On Thursday 15 December 2005 15:32, Mark Elsen wrote:
> > Is there a way to configure Squid 2 to always first try fetching through
> > the (only) parent, and if that fails, then go direct?
> >
> > Here's what I have now, and this fails miserably if x.x.x.x is down:
> >
> > cache_peer x.x.x.x parent 3128 3130 no-query default
> > never_direct allow all
>
> Use :
>
> always_direct deny all

and then the access will fail also when the parent eventually is not up or can
not serv at this moment, it dos not matter if you use always_direct deny or
never_direct allow, both fail when parent fail

appearently squid queries ever the parent first so no need to use any other
parameter

may be you like using proxy-only in order not caching the object twice

H.

--
H.