[squid-users] squidguard keeps crashing

From: Brian Phillips <brian.phillips@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 07:49:09 -0700

I made no changes to my squidGuard config file, but yesterday it just
stopped working.  My logrotate sent me an email saying it couldn’t contact
the PID for squid and sure enough, it had crashed.  The logs said it was
because the squidGuard processes were crashing too rapidly.  I checked the
logs for squidGuard and it says this line has a syntax error.

time workhours {
        weekly * 06:00 - 21:00
}

The “weekly” line that is.  Like I said, I made no changes to this file
yesterday, and didn’t make any changes to it until just now when I commented
out the line, and the squid loaded up perfectly.  Any ideas?  ( I know this
isn’t a squidGuard list, but many people here know about squidGuard.)

Brian